West Rainton Surgery
CQC overall rating
7 January 2016
Welcome to West Rainton Surgery.
We are a friendly practice in West Rainton offering a wide range of medical services to patients in our area.
Please click below link for our Covid Privacy notice.
Covid19 Privacy Notice
Please click the below link for our practice transparency notice https://digital.nhs.uk/coronavirus/gpes-data-for-pandemic-planning-and-research/general-practice-transparency-notice?_cldee=bWFsY29sbS5iYWluYnJpZGdlQG5ocy5uZXQ%3d&recipientid=contact-925b15c6e0cfe51180f23863bb358e28-8ba839c1290e4185b94d10cfbbc19a73&esid=a55cb788-9996-ea11-a812-002248007f84
Rich Text Editor, FCKeditor1, Press ALT 0 for helpDue to the spread of Coronavirus we urge patients to keep away from the surgery. If you have a general query, feel you need to see a GP, or need to request medication please call 0191 5843809. For Coronavirus queries visit NHS online. Thank you.
The NHS and Public Health England (PHE) are extremely well prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases. The NHS has put in place measures to ensure the safety of all patients and NHS staff while also ensuring services are available to the public as normal.
What to do if you have symptoms
Stay at home for 7 days if you have either:
- a high temperature
- a new continuous cough
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
You do not need to contact NHS 111 to tell them you're staying at home.
Read the advice about staying at home.
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
Use the 111 coronavirus service
Advice in other parts of the UK
For region specific information and advice in:
From September 2019 you can no longer order your repeat prescription through a pharmacy, here are the ways you can order you prescription:
- The online ordering service - if you do not have an account set up, please speak to our reception team.
- Internal Prescription Box - an internal prescription box for posting your tear off slip is situated near the dispensary hatch. You can use this service anytime between 8.00am and 5.45pm each weekday (Monday to Friday).
- Post - You can post your prescription request including a stamped addressed envelope if you require us to post your prescription back to you. If you use this method please ensure you request your prescription in plenty of time for it to be returned to you before you run out of medication.
- Prescription Line - The prescription line is open Tuesdays and Wednesday 10am-12pm 0191 512891
Please remember to tick the medication you require and please allow 72 hours between ordering and collecting your prescription.
Practice Training Days
On training days the practice will close on the afternoon and you will be unable to collect prescriptions or to have an appointment as there will be no doctors on the premises.
Training days are scheduled for:
Thursday 18th June
Thursday 16th July
Thursday 20th August
Thursday 17th September
Thursday 15th October
Extended Access Service
FOR PATIENTS WHO FIND IT DIFFICULT TO ATTEND DURING REGULAR HOURS:
We offer evening, Saturday & Sunday appointments which are pre-bookable (Monday – Friday). This may be at another surgery, when offered the appointment please make sure you know where the location is.
Please contact our reception team on 0191 5843809 for more information and to make an appointment.
Find out when our practice is open, what the GP consulting times are and what to do if you need help when the practice is closed. Find out more
Like To Register?
New to the area and would like to join our practice? We would be happy to help you. Fill in our registration forms and come see us. Find out more
We run a number of special clinics and services. Find out more.
(Site updated 17/07/2020)